- Seamless is an extension of SA360 not a replacement
- Ideal set up listed below (please note not available on first release, as only launching with Google Ads tracking)
- Floodlight tags used as conversion input
- ML algorithm uses Paid Search attributed conversions to power its ML output model
- Bid changes are still made within Google Ads, but these changes are reflected in SA360
- These bid changes are made on search terms not typically handled by the SA360 ML models
- Spend could go either up or down. This is largely dependent on the following factors
- Search impression share
- Organic Position
- Competitor depth
Frequently Asked Questions
How will Seamless interact with Search Ads 360?
How is Seamless Search different from ATB (Auction Time Bidding)?
- ATB and Seamless are trying to solve different problems.
- ATB uses signals such as device, browser type, location, time of day, remarketing lists and more
- Seamless Search uses signals such as Device, Keyword, Shopping conversions, Paid Search conversions and Organic Search conversions.
- Ultimately ATB is accessing ‘user characteristics’ and impact on paid performance
- Whereas Seamless Search is assessing the ‘incrementality’ of a given keyword, at a given bid on a given device on your total website performance.
How will Seamless interact with ATB (Auction Time Bidding)?
- Seamless Search and ATB cannot be used on the same campaigns as they will overlap with one another.
- Typically the keywords that Seamless is actioning would not be recommended for ATB anyway. As a result you will tend to find that the campaigns Seamless is looking at will already be divided into separate campaigns.
- Where that is not the case, we have built a Seamless campaign management tool, so that you never have to worry about the divide between Seamless and Standard Google Ads campaigns. Effectively we handle it for you!
Automated bid strategies in SA360 and Google Ads interaction with Seamless?
How does Seamless and Google Ads Paid & Organic Reporting differ?
- Google Ads Paid and Organic Reporting allows you to see how often your search terms are triggered in either the Paiddeporting is not directionally actionable and requires you to download and do your own assessment before making decisions.
- Seamless handles the reporting and does all the actioning on a basis that would not be possible through the Google Ads feature.
How does Seamless and SA360 Natural Search differ?
- Natural Search is a measurement solution that gives you insight into traffic and conversion driven by organic (natural) searches.
- Natural Search requires the use of first party cookies onsite
- Natural Search will require additional tagging to be place onsite
- Ultimately Natural Search is reporting methodology for organic and paid search
- Seamless Search is a reporting methodology that does not require any additional tags as is not reliant on first party data. This is especially key in a post GDPR world where permissions are required in order to continue to monitor these organic search users.
- Seamless Search automatically places bids on your paid keywords after assessing the incrementality they are providing your total website performance.
How does Seamless and GA360 Data Driven Attribution (DDA) differ?
- GA360 DDA generates a custom model for assigning credit to marketing touchpoints throughout the entire customer journey.
- GA360 DDA looks at Organic, Search, Display and Email
- GA will assign the conversion to Organic regardless of whether the user returns through a different medium
- Therefore when assessing your SEO performance you are far better using last click attribution.
- Seamless will use any attribution system you feed it, however we would recommend using platforms outside of GA where organic and paid are attributed more accurately.
- Additional point is that whilst GA DDA is looking over the customer journey, Seamless is assessing ‘incementality’ of a given keyword, at a given bid on a given device on your total website performance (at a given moment in time).
How will Seamless assess the performance impact on Search?
- Within the platform you will be able to see the impact over time as we ingest the performance on a daily basis across text ads, shopping ads and organic ads.
- Additionally, on a daily basis we model both:
- What would happen if Seamless was not used
- What would happen if Seamless is used.
- These two models allow us to assess
- Uplift of Seamless
- Accuracy of our model.
- The metrics that will allow you to see this are the following:
- Seamless Cost = Cost (actual) – Projected Cost (if no seamless)
- Seamless Revenue = Revenue (actual) – Projected Revenue (if no seamless)
- Seamless ROAS = ROAS (actual) – Projected ROAS (if no seamless)
How long does the forecasting take?
Can Seamless Search be used without a SA360 license?
What are the plans for rolling this out to other search engines?
What level of support will I get for Seamless Search?
Once onboarded, Platform Support services will be provided via a ticketing system at no additional charge. The SLAs for tickets response time are outlined in the Terms of Service. To receive platform support the Client needs to submit support requests via email to [email protected] In order to enable the platform support team to understand the issue as quickly as possible, we ask that, when submitting an initial request, the Client provides the following information attached to the email:
- Description of the error in detail
- The URL where the error is occurring
- Steps taken to reproduce the error and any error message provided
- A screenshot or video recording the error and any error message